Our newest Featured Artist for the week of January 8th is ‘The Black Keys’.
The Black Keys
are an American rock duo consisting of vocalist/guitarist Dan Auerbach and drummer/producer Patrick Carney. The band was formed in Akron, Ohio, in 2001. As of October 2011, the band has sold over 2 million albums in the U.S.
The recording sessions for the group’s seventh studio album, El Camino
, began on March 3, 2011. Splitting time between touring and recording, the band spent 41 days at Easy Eye Sound Studio, which was opened in 2010 by Auerbach in the duo’s new hometown of Nashville, Tennessee.
For the album, Danger Mouse reprised his role as producer and also contributed as a co-writer on all of its songs. Based on the difficulty the band had performing some of the slower songs from Brothers
live, they conceived more uptempo tracks for El Camino
. The record draws strong influence from early American music and popular genres from the 1950s–1970s, such as rock and roll, soul, and glam rock. Several retro acts such as The Clash, The Cramps, and T. Rex were cited as musical influences.
Awards and nominations
Check Out Their Website: http://www.theblackkeys.com/
Buy Their Latest Album on Amazon.com:
- 2011 – Awarded Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal for “Tighten Up”.
- 2011 – Awarded Best Alternative Music Album for Brothers.
- 2011 – Awarded Best Recording Package for Brothers.
- 2011 – Nominated for Best Rock Instrumental Performance for “Black Mud”.
- 2011 – Nominated for Best Rock Song for “Tighten Up”.
- 2012 – Nominated for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for “Dearest” from “Rave On Buddy Holly“.